File Tax Extensions
|Federal Income Tax Extension Filing with the IRS is finished for the - tax season.
You can use our services again late in the tax season prior to the - April tax filing deadline to apply for the new years October extended tax filing deadline.
File a Tax Extension with the IRS
Available Tax Extension Forms Include:
- Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- Form 7004, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax, Information, and Other Returns
- Form 1138, Extension of Time for Payment of Taxes by a Corporation Expecting a Net Operating Loss Carryback
- Form 2350 Application for Extension of Time to File U.S. Income Tax Return (For U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad Who Expect To Qualify for Special Tax Treatment)
- Form 4768 Application for Extension of Time to File a Return and/or Pay U.S. Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Taxes
- Form 5558 Application for Extension of Time to File Certain Employee Plan Returns
- Form 8809 Application for Extension of Time to File Information Returns
- Form 8868, Application for Extension of Time To File an Exempt Organization Return.
- Form 8892, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File Form 709 and/or Payment of Gift/Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax
In the meantime we hope your year goes well for you, and we will be here to help with all your tax filing needs throughout the year.
The Federal Government - Internal Revenue Service (IRS) allows tax payers to apply for an extension to file their tax return up to 6 months later, (Oct 15th), as compared to April 15th.
IRS Federal Income Tax Extension Trivia
- You must file your extension on or before the April 15th tax return filing deadline.
- Annually, over 15 million tax extensions are filed and approved.
- Approximately 98% of all tax extensions filed are approve by the IRS.
- It takes just minutes to file a tax extension online using extension form 4868 for personal tax extensions, or form 7004 for business tax extensions.
- A tax extension is good for up to 6 months with an extension from April 15th to October 15th extended tax return filing deadline.
- In addition to the 6-month extension, taxpayers who are out of the country can request a discretionary 2-month additional extension of time to file their returns (to December 15th for calendar year taxpayers) form 2350
- Tax extensions are easily filed online by efile and the IRS will confirm their approval by email.
- If your extension is Not approved, you may make changes and resubmit it as many times as you like in order to get your extension approved.
- The IRS does NOT need a reason from you as to why you are filing a tax extension.
|Personal Tax Extension Form 4868||Business Tax Extension Form 7004|
Single Member LLC's
Schedule C Sole Proprietors
Estate and Trusts
How to File a Federal Income Tax Extension
Filing a tax extension is easy, especially if your using a top rated service like TurboTax or H&R Block. These tax programs guide you through the tax extension preparation process intuitively. You can then efile your extension with the IRS through these tax programs.
Once your tax extension has been filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), you will then be notified by email once your extension has been approved or denied.
Once your extension is approved, you can then file your income tax return any time on or before the extended Oct 15th tax return filing deadline.
Filing for a federal income taxes extension online is the quickest way to get your extension locked in.
Tax-Software.Com - Tax Season Reviews and Support Resource